Chiprang It’s that time of the year again when Indians across the country are required to pay their income tax and so far the Income Tax ...
It’s that time of the year again when Indians across the country are required to pay their income tax and so far the Income Tax department, unlike previous years, is yet to hold ‘Income Tax Mela’. Worry not, now you can simply file your income tax from the comforts of your home.
Here’s how you can do file your tax online. There are different websites both government and private websites but I’ll stick with the government website, in fact the department of income tax’s official website.
- Login to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Download appropriate software according to your requirement from the website.
- Now open the software (usually it is a blank excel sheet) you must fill up.
- Export it to XML (please look for export button in the software)
- Once you have the XML file ready, login to the website (registration required) .
- Now click “Upload Return”
- Two buttons “Digital Signature” and “No Digital Signature” will appear. Choose anyone.
- Now Upload the XML file you have created
- Created an acknowledgement form and don’t forget to download it.
- Click Verify
- Now send this acknowledgement form to ( via regular or speed post. never use no courier): “Income Tax Department – CPC, Post Box No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore – 560100, Karnataka.