By Chiprang.com Anti-virus major Bitdefender has announced the launch of a beta version of an application called Safego for Twitter which...
Anti-virus major Bitdefender has announced the launch of a beta version of an application called Safego for Twitter which is aimed at making a secure online social interactions when you are using the micro blogging site.
To use this FREE application you have to install it by going to http://safego.bitdefender.com/twitter.
Once you have ‘Active Protection Now’, your Twitter account is scanned automatically and notifications concerning possible threats would be sent via direct messages.
What can Safego do for your Twitter account?
1. It can sorting your existing and potential Twitter contacts based on a color code:
- · Red –highly suspicious accounts, which may be spreading malware, spam or may be used for phishing (severe threat)
- · Yellow – accounts that attract followers using spammy or annoying mechanism (moderate threat)
- · Grey – accounts from which no message has been sent for the past 30 days (low threat)
- · Green – safe accounts
2. Scan on Demand: Using the Scan on demand function, you can check whether prospective contacts’ accounts are safe before you choose to follow them.
3. Scan Private Message: Safego will scan your private messages in order to detect spam and malicious links.
CHIPRANG.COM SAYS: This app is a must-have for normal Twitter users who have no idea of Spam messages or even an attack.