By Chiprang.com The past two years prior to launching our website chiprang.com many people told us that blogging was simple as you can do...
The past two years prior to launching our website chiprang.com many people told us that blogging was simple as you can do it from the comfort of your home. The latter input was true but the first -- "simple" -- is not as it was suggested. Developing our online hobby to a meaning income source became one of our objectives. Gradually, we found out that being competitive and hard work were crucial in making a decent income doing online jobs.
Today, we will be sharing our experience on what is it like to do an online job.
1. Treat online job seriously: - Many people think that online job is easy and that you don't need special skills to start a blog and make yourself rich. You can no doubt make dollars of money only when you are serious about the things you do as simple putting up some ads in the blog/website will not generate income. You need readers, dedicated ones, who are genuinely interested in your posts. So, you have to generate genuine articles and tips, the writing involves serious thinking and concentration.
2. Developing Productive Timeline: - Online jobs sans a strict timetable will not get you far in the long run. Unlike the office culture where you have to catch a bus or train to reach your desk you'll be so free that you may gradually think that you can start your work an hour late and so forth. So, you will be drifting away farther and farther. Now, if you think that you are most productive during morning you can work delicately for 2-3 hours and spent rest of the day doing something else. That is the best part of online jobs especially when you are blogging and running your own show. It is not necessary to sit in front of your laptop or desktop the whole day. All you need is identifying your productive time and strictly putting all efforts into your work.
3. Self-training: - The net is dynamic and nothing remains permanent. Take for example there are new features every now and then even in the bloging platforms like blogspot and wordpress. Even if you are not that tech savvy it is important to know the basic mechanism of these changes. So, if you can attend webinars organised by experts it is a good idea to join such events. Or, if you think by studying the guidelines and instructions you will be able to grasps new things, the better.
4. Remain focused:- There are many tools and gadgets to distract you from online jobs. It can be the television, wife/husband, kids, social networking sites and friends. The best is to have a 'little office space' where you can lock yourself up when you are to begin your work. If you want to earn handsomely by doing online jobs you have to reduce all these distractions. Sometimes, you may have to work when every member of your family is asleep.
5. Understanding work culture:- If you are in the normal office your wife would have a second thought calling you up or turning up just to say how you are doing or to flirt around. You need to educate your family members that you must have your own time during which you should not be disturbed at all. Tell them that your online job is like any regular job which needs time and attention. If you can work this out, you will surely see your income going upward.
Remember, sticking to timeline with focused mind and willingness to learn are key to success in doing online work.