By James P. Chiprang.com In India, we are witnessing revolutionary changes in the way the upper middle class has been pampered with all th...
By James P. Chiprang.com
In India, we are witnessing revolutionary changes in the way the upper middle class has been pampered with all the best of technology to make life easier for them. First, it was online banking and now from online recharging of mobiles and paying bills online for their television bills.
In this post, I’ll share with you how to recharge your Airtel Digital TV. Airtel has been a leader, and is likely to remain king of innovation in the telecom sector in India. So, the decision to use their digital service was not strange. So, to the nitty-gritty, how to recharge—simply follow the steps given below:- (Best part is you’ll get a notice on your TV screen when you need to recharge)
There are three options you can use. One is rechange directly via the IVR, second Use the Internet and third via SMS from your Mobile phones.
1. recharge by IVR
i) Call Airtel toll free number 1800 102 8080 or 020-40181400 (tolled) from any of your Registered Telephone Numbers (the number you used while registering your subscription).
ii) Choose Account recharge from the Menu option.
iii) Select the denomination amount for payment / recharge and enter your credit card details. Once done, your account balance gets instantly updated with the recharge value.
I love the internet option because i don’t have to pick up my phone and talk to customised or sometimes to customer agents. Here, I can directly recharge instantly from Airtel website.
Follow the steps:-
To do this, you will first need to register on our website www.airtel.in/digitaltv with your customer ID. You will be given a secured login ID and password.
- Register / Logon to www.airtel.in/digitaltv using the login ID and password.
- Click on Recharge from the left menu
- In case, you have multiple accounts attached to your login, you will need to click on the Customer ID for which you want to recharge.
- You will see page with your current account balance and list of recharges done in the past
- Click on Recharge button.
- You will be directed to a highly secure page. Here,
a. Enter the amount in the box shown (between 200 – 9,999) and
b. Choose your payment mode
- Click on Pay Now.
- You will be routed to the online payment gateway or your bank’s internet banking site for entering your payment details and completing the transaction.
- Upon successful recharge, you will get a unique transaction ID for reference. The amount is credited to your account immediately and will reflect on your TV within 4 working hours.
For Internet bill payment, you need:-
1. Master / Visa credit card, or
2. Simply use net banking
3. recharge through airtel mobile (via SMS)
- SMS PAYDIGITALTV <Amount> <10-digit Customer ID> and send it to 543219 for a hassle-free recharge.
To use this service you will have to register at for mChek?
- Just SMS PAYDIGITALTV <Amount> <10-digit Customer ID> and send it to 543219.
- Enter the details of the Credit Card that you wish to make the payment from.
- Choose a safe and secure mChek PIN to authorise all your future mChek transactions.
Of the three, it is upto you to decide which is most convenient. Have a nice day in front of the TV! :)