By Mary Frederick , Guest Writer for Chiprang.com (For guest posts see: Terms ) Whether you are just starting out within IT or just want ...
By Mary Frederick, Guest Writer for Chiprang.com (For guest posts see: Terms)
Whether you are just starting out within IT or just want to get some new information, these magazines are the best of the best. They offer you insight and get you in touch with the latest news and events in the field of IT.
1. Byte Magazine: This started out as the sort of journal for computer programmers but it has evolved quite significantly.
Here you get into the nitty gritty of what is going on within the computer world from a very technical standpoint. This shows comparisons, contrasts, and opens your eyes to the latest trends and programs.
It’s a great way of doing a deep dive into the IT world directly.
2. CIO: This takes a rather high level overview of what the IT professional really cares about. This is targeted at the executive level worker but it can be quite eye opening for anybody within IT directly. It’s a great way of capturing the ins and outs of the IT world in a snapshot and shows you what you need to know to get ahead from an interesting perspective.
3. Computer World: This publication has been around forever, and with good reason. This can be interesting for those interested in IT but works quite well for those that work in the field.
It takes a stand on issues that really matter and the articles are relevant with the latest events.
This takes current events to a whole new level that IT professionals can really sink their teeth into. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the latest happenings in a constantly changing field.
4. PC World: It started out as a computer publication but has evolved into a sort of bible in the field. This is what IT is all about and it makes some interesting comparisons that show you just what your profession stands for. This is a great way to get introduced to the IT function or to reiterate your passion for what you do to support computers each and every day.
5. Wired: This shows the connection between technology and the way that it shapes the business world.
This is a great way for showing the very applications that IT professionals work within. This is a very broad view but it also introduces an excellent business sense into the IT profession, which can tend to get lost sometimes.
This is a great way for those in IT to consider what they do every day helps others. It can also allow you to speak intelligently to the everyday people who use your technology applications for themselves.
No matter what your interest level or function, these magazines are the best for offering some insight. They all offer different points of view but they are quite full of useful knowledge that can help you to get in tune to the IT world.
About the author: Mary Frederick is very interested in IT and enjoys providing students with information about how to earn their masters information technology degree online.