By Teena, Guest Writer (For guest post please refer Terms ) When it’s wedding season, everyone around you seems to be getting married. You...
By Teena, Guest Writer (For guest post please refer Terms)
When it’s wedding season, everyone around you seems to be getting married. Your best mate, your girlfriend’s sister, wife’s cousin – the list is endless. Even as you accept wedding invitations, your mind goes to the obligatory gift-giving. You don’t want to look like a penny-pincher and at the same time, you can’t blow money on gifts. Here are 15 budget wedding gift ideas, just in time to save you embarrassment.
Gift Framed Pictures
1. Get hold of a picture of the couple at their happiest, blow it up and frame it in gilt. This makes a lifetime memory for them to cherish and they’ll never forget your gift!
2. Take a great picture of the couple and digitally manipulate the picture in front of famous natural spots, major tourist attractions and famous buildings in the world. Make it look absolutely natural. Print the pictures on fine quality photo paper in different sizes, frame them and arrange an interesting collage on a wall in the couple’s home. Every time they look at the collage, they’ll think of the effort you put in.
3. Download several great quality photos of mind-blowing sceneries and blow them up. Frame them in rugged bamboo splints which you can paint over, and hang a photo in each room in the couple’s home.
4. Get hold of a large vintage frame from a flea market for cheap. Collect childhood pictures of the bride and groom, cut out the outlines and lay them out on a piece of white laminate board. Then, using colored marker pens, draw arrows, lines and curves to indicate communication and pen some interesting, humorous dialogues between the two kids, within text balloons. Frame the laminate board in the vintage frame and gift it. This is a fantastic, lifetime memory effort that’ll be cherished for its originality, creativity and humor!
Gift An Experience
5. Get two off-season tickets to the most romantic show in a major theatre. Throw in complimentary drinks and popcorn and a couple seat. Then, on the day of the show, call the theatre manager and for a few extra dollars, have a bouquet of fresh flowers or a bottle of champagne delivered to the couple while watching the show.
6. Get a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride over your city. If you book this in advance, in non-tourist season, you might get a good price for it. Your friends will love the experience and you can add to it by snapping pictures with your digital camera and gifting them printed pictures. Check sites such as LivingSocial and Groupon for discount coupons and use them.
7. A day at the spa is a great experience. Women are frequently in and out of spas but men seem to shy from this. Gift your friends a day out at a spa, inclusive of massages, beauty treatments and sauna. Book an off season couples package for the best rates. Check for coupons to save more money.
8. Cook a fantastic meal and pack a creative picnic hamper for two, including fruit, desert and a bottle of good wine. You’ll only be using groceries from your home; the only expensive thing will be the wine, which you can buy for cheap in advance. Include warm rugs, plenty of water, a thermos of coffee and plenty of snacks for a day out. Then ask your friends out to spend a day with you at a beach, hand them the hamper and disappear.
Gift A Digital Memory
9. Interview the couple’s parents and friends on video; capture their love, good wishes and emotions on video. After shooting all the material you need, get it edited for free by a whiz pal, or pay a minimal fee at a graphic studio. Intersperse each person’s sound bytes with beautiful baby pictures of the bride and groom. The bride and groom will treasure your thoughtful gift for ever. Your expenditure will be next to nothing, other than the video editing service, if you use your digital camera or your phone’s camera.
Gift Your Skills
10. Identify your strongest skill and use it to create a memorable gift. If you a good seamstress, buy some lace cloth in bulk on discount and make attractive curtains for the couple’s home.
11. Buy plain crockery for cheap and paint beautiful nature scapes, sea scapes and pretty pictures of mermaids on them. Your unique crockery set will be much loved by your friends!
12. If housekeeping is your strongest skill, clean your friends’ new home from top to bottom and polish all metal fittings. Nothing says ‘welcome to a new life’ better than a shiny, clean new home! Tie a pretty pink ribbon on the front door to welcome them when they return from their honeymoon.
Gift Something Whacky
13. Buy an old copy of the Kama Sutra secondhand, bind it in colorful cloth and keep it by the side of your friends’ bed. For a fun, whacky perspective, leave a few boxes of different kinds of condoms next to the book!
14. Fill up a decorative basket with lotions and sensual creams, edible condoms, sex toys and a pair of kinky handcuffs. For a nice extra touch, individually wrap liqueur chocolates in shiny paper and throw them randomly into the basket.
15. Select the best picture of the wedding couple and get some personalized stamps made to order. This won’t cost you more than 10 USD for 10 stamps.
Teena works for Adrenalin, a gifts for men Company that offers a large range of adrenaline filled experiences all across Australia.