By Robert S, Chiprang.com I love Firefox and Google search engine is my default homepage. However, yesterday my wife installed some ga...
By Robert S, Chiprang.com
I love Firefox and Google search engine is my default homepage. However, yesterday my wife installed some games on my work computer. The byproduct was she happened to click ‘Yes’ on all the options while installing the game which brought along the most hated Add-on ever created! The SweetIM message as well as the SweetIM Search bar.
The SweetIM search bar changed the Google default search page and redirects it to search.sweetim.com. I hate it and after checking all the Firefox add-on and plugins, I finally found a way to remove the SweetIM Search bar and get back the Google default search. I’ll share with you how to remove this annoying stuff.
Follow these steps:-
Go to your Firefox menus
Remove any SweetIM add-ons
(If you did not see SweetIM add-on, follow the steps given below)
- Go to windows control panel
- Add/Remove programs or Uninstall programs
- Look for SweetIM and Uninstall them.
- Open Firefox
- In the address bar type: about:config
- A message This might void your warranty!", click on the "I'll be careful, I promise! will appear. Click Ok/Yes.
- Now in the filter search box, type keyword.URL and press Enter.
- Now right click on the SweetIM settings and click Reset
- Again, in the filter search box, type DefaultEngineName and see that the default value is Google.
- Finally, in the filter search box, type SearchEnginesURL and make sure status is default and value is Mozilla's default value.
- Close and restart Firefox. You’ll get back your Google default search engine!
- ALL THE BEST. ANY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW!