By Guest Author (For guest post, refer Terms ) The Microsoft Xbox 360 is a gaming console which is an upgrade to the initial Xbox with add...
By Guest Author (For guest post, refer Terms)
The Microsoft Xbox 360 is a gaming console which is an upgrade to the initial Xbox with additional features and fixes previous problem that existed with the previous system.
The console was well received and is currently one of the major players on the video game console market, competing with older players such as Nintendo and Sony. With the progress of technology most modern video game consoles come with high definition or HD output by default and may still be backward compatible with older television or display devices but there may be times that these settings are lost and you are unable to view the console display. Here we will discuss resetting the video for the Xbox 360 console and also the process for resetting the console to factory defaults.
- Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 Controller
- If you desire to perform a video reset on your Xbox 360 console because it keeps freezing, the video keeps chipping out, or there is no video at all when you turn it on, the first thing you need to do is locate the Player 1 controller; if there are multiple controllers then the Player 1 controller can be identified by the light on the border X symbol at the center of the controller being at the top left corner.
- By properly ejecting, remove any discs that may be in the console and turn off the Xbox 360 console; now, turn on the Player 1 controller by holding down the guide button in the center of the controller and continue holding this button until the Xbox 360 console powers on. While the console starts up hold the Y button and the right trigger simultaneously until you see the Xbox 360 logo on the screen and then the console should automatically restart; now you can release the buttons and wait for the console to boot again and once you see the Xbox 360 logo on screen again the video settings will have been reset.
- If your Xbox 360 console behaves in an undesirable manner because you downloaded some content, or you decide to sell your console then you may require a reset of the console to factory default settings; in order to do this, first start the console and proceed to the SYSTEM section of the dashboard and then press the following key combination: Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, Y, Left Trigger, Right Trigger,Up, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, X. At this point you should be prompted to reset the console to factory settings; if this does not work then you may have a newer version of the console and may have to call the Microsoft Xbox 360 support line or contact them online in order to get the correct code for your console or have the settings remotely reset.
Tips and Warnings
- If there is no picture on the TV, just make sure the TV or VCR the Xbox 360 is connected to is on the right Video Input settings before resetting it.
- Also, check that all the connections are plugged in correctly.