By Robert S. Chiprang.com Admin Recent trends have shown that more and more people are using Google services like Gmail, Google Search, Go...
By Robert S. Chiprang.com Admin
Recent trends have shown that more and more people are using Google services like Gmail, Google Search, Google News, etc when compared to Yahoo which is as old as its rival.
I remember registering my first email on Yahoomail.com and I am still using it. But the frequency of logging in to my Yahoo email has come down drastically since Google launched Gmail on February 7, 2007.
In 2011, I opened Yahoomail for n more than 1000 times, whereas I opened Gmail over maybe 100,000 times! My guess is that unless Yahoo comes up with really innovative product or service it will go down the history lane within a decade.
For now, let us look at some of the reasons why people are still using Yahoo and Yahoo email service:-
- Yahoo has a wonderful Welcome page that is better than Google.
- Yahoo scores on its finance features.
- People don’t want to lost contact addresses on their Yahoo Email account or they are too lazy to transfer it to Gmail.
- People don’t know how to use the email forwarding options to other email accounts.
- Google has lots of applications/services like Gmail, Youtube, AdSense and other apps.
- Yahoo it? Doesn’t sound right. But Yahoo! sounds cool.
- People still use Yahoo because it their first email account.
- Groups feature on yahoo outperforms Google
- Yahoo Answers are helpful
- I think Yahoo has a better image search than Google
Dear readers, post your views here.