By Chiprang Staff Writer TomTom are one of the most trusted names when it comes to advanced GPS devices, and they have recently introduced...
By Chiprang Staff Writer
TomTom are one of the most trusted names when it comes to advanced GPS devices, and they have recently introduced the new TomTom Go 2505TM – which is a 5-inch Bluetooth compatible GPS that comes with lifetime traffic and map subscriptions. When you open the box you will also get a USB cable, Fold & Go EasyPort, an adhesive disc for the car window, car charger with integrated traffic receiver, and a discount code for when you wan to update your maps.
This is a small GPS and very compact. It only measures 0.7 x 5.6 x 3.5 inches and weighs around 9 oz. The slim design from TomTom features 5-inch touch screen with crisp graphics that are easy to read. In fact, this is one of the most user-friendly GPS devices on the market. You can easily move from one screen to another, easily view maps and zoom in on specific details on the GPS maps.
The new TomTom Go 2505TM is also equipped with Super Auto information that you can almost drive you want without getting lost. It comes preloaded with maps of the United States, Mexico and Canada and has more than 7 million points of interest to choose from. You can also beat delays to your travel with lifetime updates on traffic information which will let you identify alternative highways should the traffic be particularly bad up ahead.
Best Features of the TomTom GPS
Here are some standout features worth noting:
- It comes with elegant design which is an improvement on previous TomTom GPS devices
- The screen is large enough so that you can clearly see all of the data presented
- The screen is easy to read without suffering from glare from the Sun
- Images are crisp and clear, while the icons are also easy to understand
- It offers a fast planning and re-routing capability, particularly through the Turbo routing feature
- It offers an innovative car cradle
- The clock provides times depending on your time zone
- Offers updates for life on maps and traffic to ensure that you can get the best use of the product
Negative Aspects to the GPS
However, there are some features and functions which are not brilliant – if you are considering buying this TomTom GPS then you need to be aware of the following:
- Although this routing device has a car cradle, it does not dock particularly well
- It does not provide LIVE connected services to the web
- It lacks a memory card slot which can be a downside if you want to load different maps for other countries
- There is only one English computer voice that is preloaded on the device and you cannot download other voices
Conclusion on the TomTom GPS Review
Despite some flaws in the design and functionality on this TomTom Go 2505TM portable GPS device, it remains one of the strongest contenders for those looking for a cheap and reliable GPS in 2012. The TomTom brand should appeal to drivers who simply want an off the shelf device that can be used straight out of the box. There is some room for improvement here, but it offers good value for money.
For more GPS related information including details on how you can update your GPS maps you may checkout www.gpsnavigationdvd.net.